[josm-dev] Fwd: Can I style by user in mappaint?

André Riedel riedel.andre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 12:17:47 GMT 2010

Forgott to send it to the list, yesterday. ;-)

2010/1/15 Jiri Klement <jiri.klement at gmail.com>:
> I think it would be nice to use search patterns in mappaint. The style
> information is cached in OsmPrimitive so it shouldn't have impact on
> overall performance.  And there are probably other usecases when
> key=value matching is not sufficient.
>
> Actually I was planning to do some prototype to see if performance
> really isn't a problem and then ask here if it is really a good idea
> to switch to search patterns. But when avar brought it up, we can
> start the discussion now. So are there any other usecases when search
> patterns would be usefull in mappaint or any objections agains search
> patterns?

The routes plugin works this way. Here is an Example of the routes.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<routes xmlns="http://www.example.org/routes"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.org/routes routes.xsd ">
<!-- pattern is the same pattern as used in SearchAction -->
       <layer name="Cycle routes">
               <route color="#FF00FF">
                       <pattern>
                       (type:way (ncn=* | (lcn=* | rcn=* ))) |
(type:relation type=route
route=bicycle)
                       </pattern>
               </route>
       </layer>
</routes>

The search for  user names is broken, but should work. I am going to
open a trac ticket.

Ciao André