[josm-dev] Does Caching WMS work?

Thu Jul 8 04:12:35 BST 2010

I have:

cache.wmsplugin.expire=2419200
cache.wmsplugin.maxsize=70

but it still takes a second or two per tile to load. Also, looking in the
cache directory, there are only 112 objects (26MB) and I'm sure I've
covered more area than that in the last month (the current setting of
expire), and there doesn't seem to be a database that might contain the
sites, zoom levels, etc. Can someone comment on how this is supposed to work?

I'm working with the USGS HRO WMS datasets that do not ever get updated
(they are apparently from one particular satellite task), so I'd expect
that I should be able to cache every tile for the areas I'm working on and
shouldn't have to hit the servers at all (given appropriate maxsize and
expire settings), right?