[josm-dev] Ideas for avoiding false duplicates merged

Nakor nakor.osm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:54:14 BST 2010

     Hello,

Now and then some user use the JOSM validator plugin to blindly merge
duplicate nodes in good faith but leading to more problems than before
(i.e. linking a road to a waterway where a bridge should  actually be).
One of the idea I had is to refine the validator plugin to
sub-classified duplicates nodes in different categories:

- duplicate nodes linked to highways (i.e. all nodes at the same
positions are ONLY linked to highways)
- duplicate nodes linked to railways
- duplicate nodes linked to waterways
- duplicate nodes linked to mixed types of ways

If there is no strong opposition against it I am willing to look into it
an propose a patch. Let me know your thoughts.

   Thanks,

N.