[josm-dev] How to resolve conflicts?

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Mon Jul 19 19:05:56 BST 2010

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/7/19 Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de>:
>>> ways? Usually this gets preceded by an error during upload with the
>>> question: do you want to
>>> a) synchronize the (way/node) only
>>> b) synchronize the whole data set
>>> c) cancel
>>>
>>> Which is the right answer to click in order to minimize conflicts?
>
>> What to do: When you have this situation that upload may have aborted after
>> the elements got accepted by server:
>
>> There is no need to use JOSM conflict resolution at all. It can't handle
>> these cases.
>
> The problem is I don't involve JOSM conflict resolution, it gets
> activated automatically during upload. From your answers I would guess
> I should hit "cancel" in the alert-window, right?

What are you trying to upload?

If you try to upload right after the failed upload you will get
conflicts for modified objects because their version number had been
incremented on the server during the "failed" upload.

But, if you can verify that your data has been accepted by the server
you can throw away your old dataset without trying to upload.

Matthias