[josm-dev] livegps plugin update for new gpsd 2.9x (future 3.0) protocol

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jun 8 23:14:03 BST 2010

Hi,

Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> ok, I will try to make patch that supports both protocols.

Thanks. I know it is a hassle but we really have lots of users who don't
keep with the latest software at all times and if we can avoid to make
life harder for them, that's a good thing.

> Any testers
> for the old one?

I think Dirk said he was still using the old one somewhere? Otherwise I
can set something up.

> F> The JOSM plugin installer does not support dependencies on third-party
> F> libraries so the way you did it is probably the one that is easiest for
> F> users.
>
> When I run 'svn up' on josm I see some messages like "fetching external
> item". May be I misunderstand this... doesn't this mean some link to
> external repo?

Oh yes, I thought you wanted to have an application-side dependency.
Having external links in SVN is possible but experience has shown that
it almost always sucks (if the external repo is not reachable at the
time you do a checkout, the checkout just aborts). So while copying in
the source might not be the most elegant solution, it is certainly the
most stable one!

Bye
Frederik