[josm-dev] JOSM-Tested

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Jun 12 09:46:14 BST 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I recently changed the E->D translation on launchpad for a number of
> OAuth related items. I don't remember what the problem was exactly but
> it was clear that the translator did not know anything about how OAuth
> works, but just chose context-free translations of the terms involved.
> This resulted in a very skewed overall picture. The person did have an
> OSM background but it seems no OAuth knowledge.

Actually that is a very bad example, as the original translator was me and
the word you talk about was token. Your translation is much better than
mine was, but I did know what I translated and tried long to find a
good translation, but translating is a kind of art and not always is the
first try the best result. Sometimes it needs more iterations of
different people to get a good result.