[josm-dev] JOSM-Tested

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Jun 13 13:37:41 BST 2010

Hi,

Matthias Julius wrote:
> We don't really have to stop development, but maybe we can restrain
> from introducing new features for a few days.  Bug fixes are always
> welcome as long as they don't change translated strings.

Developers must never be held back from doing what they have to do by
translation. If a bug fix requires that a string be changed, then the
string must be changed. Even if it is just a minor thing like an alert
popup that is worded badly so people tend to misunderstand it - we
cannot hold back improving the software just because the translator for
Ancient Greek is on holiday.

If people would rather have a software with more bugs but where
everything has been translated, than one with less bugs but where some
things are untranslated, then we really have to do branches for language
versions.

Bye
Frederik