[josm-dev] detect focused layer

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 15 07:33:07 BST 2010

Matthias Meißer wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to know how I can get notified if the user has picked
> another layer from the list to disable a menu.
> The LayerChangeListener fires only, if you add a layer but not if the
> focus changes :(

AFAIK, there is nothing like that, yet. (But you can be notified about
active layer changes.) Outside of the layer list dialogue there is not
much that depends on the selected layer. Just 'zoom to layer' and 'merge
layer' menu items come to my mind.

But nothing is carved in stone, you can add the listeners if you like.

How is the project progressing? Currently I have problems running the
plugin. It gives the following error:

libvlc version: 1.0.2 Goldeneye
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb46c73d4, pid=5860, tid=3018537840
#
# JRE version: 6.0_20-b02
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (16.3-b01 mixed mode, sharing
linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libvlc.so.2.2.1+0x103d4]  libvlc_media_player_event_manager+0x4

Is it because of incompatible library versions?

Sebastian