[josm-dev] Feature Request: Timed Save

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:12:04 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 20:51, MP <singularita at gmail.com> wrote:
> On my old computer JOSM was quite a favorite target for OOM killer (1
> gb java heap) or prone to OutOfMemory exceptions (500-600 mb java
> heap). I think neither of these can be fixed in JOSM.

Well, JOSM could use on-disk storage (like SQLite or PostgreSQL), but
that would be a pretty major change. Although perhaps it's easier now
with more encapsulated access to the storage backends.

But a feature like this sounds useful, although personally I just get
into the habit of making very quick and granular uploads.