[josm-dev] self-intersecting ways

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi
Thu Mar 4 19:26:03 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 06:39:34PM +0100, colliar wrote:
> Richard Welty schrieb:
> > On 3/4/10 11:54 AM, Alan Mintz wrote:
> >> At 2010-03-03 14:31, Richard Welty wrote:
> >>    From a technical standpoint, the land parcels do indeed usually extend out
> >> to the centerline of the roadway, but an easement is granted to the
> >> city/county/state for the road, utilities, etc., and the area within the
> >> easement may not be built upon by the landowner. IMO, that should exclude
> >> the area within the easement from the landuse boundary.
> >>

> > and from a practical point of view, this is how they are in the database
> > at the present time; nodes
> > for landuse/areas are at the same locations as nodes in highways.
>
> I came accross this, too, and have to say it is quite a lot of work to get the
> landuse of the road and often you get conflicts later on these areas again.
>
> Maybe a tool for unglueing those objects and moving the area aubout 2 meters of
> would be nice or even a automatical fix by josm itself.

+1. Some days ago, I came across a mkgmap warning for a dead-end oneway
in a residential area that was riddled with landuse polygons that shared
points with ways. It was very hard to see that the oneway was not connected
to the road it was supposed to. I spent several minutes detaching the
landuses from the roads in the area.

	Marko