[josm-dev] how does the transition to tested work ?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:21:32 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 17:01, Sebastian Klein <bastikln at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> This is how I've been running into this:
>>
>>   1. Download data from the OSM server, say 20 ways
>>   2. While I edit 10 of those 2 have been changed already, so 2/10 conflict
>>   3. Press "upload" in single-object mode, will upload 1/10, 2/10...
>>   4. It conflicts at say the 5th object out of 10 and stops the entire
>> upload process
>>   6. If I try again it'll still start from 1/10 instead of 1/5
>>
>> As I said I haven't tracked this down in any detail but it seems that
>> in some situations JOSM doesn't track the stuff it has uploaded
>> already when it runs into conflicts during uploads.
>
> I forgot to ask: With "recently" you mean after 5th February or so? (The
> server behavior has changed at that time due to a reimplementation.)

Recently meaning from January up to March 1st. I ran into his a lot
when processing the ourFootPrints import as blogged about here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/%C3%86var%20Arnfj%C3%B6r%C3%B0%20Bjarmason/diary/9698

> What edits did you perform? Did you add more nodes, deleted nodes or
> just updated tags?

These are pretty much the edits we were doing:

    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Iceland/ourFootPrints#Dealing_with_the_ofp_data

The conflicts occured when we stepped on each others toes. This
happened a bit frequently since we were all editing with day-old
Iceland.osm dumps so we'd occasionally step on each others toes.

> Don't fear to clutter the database for testing. If you can help us
> resolving this, it's for the greater good. :)

I'll see if I can reproduce this on api06.dev.