[josm-dev] Function to select or download a sequence of ways?

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Sun Mar 14 23:38:36 GMT 2010

Hello Martin,

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> another selection-feature I'm missing quite often (maybe it is already
> there and I don't know how to use it) is the use of the
> selection-rectangle to select ways but not nodes. Currently if you
> select by rectangle you will only select nodes, and ways completely
> surrounded. The selection I am talking about would select all ways
> intersected or completely within the selection rectangle, but not the
> contained nodes.

I also don't know whether thnere is a more direct way or not. In case I
need to select a bunch of ways I do like this:

1) Use rectangle to select area containing all desired ways (including
all nodes. Hold alt-key to select ways that have nodes inside selection)
2) use search feature to search for "type:node" and remove from selection
3) in case selection contains relations, repeat step 2 with relations

Now you have a selection containing only the ways

Stephan