[josm-dev] Microsoft gains access to aerial imagery

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Nov 24 10:44:51 GMT 2010

Hi,

On 11/24/2010 09:31 AM, Viesturs Zariņš wrote:
> Paris, Syndney seems more accurate but Moscow, Tallin has similar offset.
> Is there a way to improve the rectification?

The JOSM slippy map plugin does not have a control for moving the layer
like the WMS plugin has. I guess one could be added - the slippy map
plugin could certainly benefit from some serious work (at the moment,
you can only have one slippy map layer, you can't switch between
different ones, plus a number of minor other shortcomings).

I've been thinking that we could give JOSM a generic menu ("External",
"Background" or something) which can be used to add external layers to
the display. The WMS plugin would then not create its own top-level menu
but would create its entries there, and the slippy map plugin could also
populate that menu with its choices. For the end-user, there's no
difference in WMS and slippy map anyway, it only confuses them.

However I'm not able to work on this at the moment.

Bye
Frederik