[josm-dev] Microsoft gains access to aerial imagery

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:29:06 GMT 2010

On 24 November 2010 16:07, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> in case of a constant offset at given locations (and not some warping
> problem), it would be cool to store (and possibly collect in an OSM /
> JOSM-database) those locations with their offsets for corrections, so
> that a user wouldn't have to adjust it manually everytime.

It doesn't have to be constant offset, there could just be a
user-editable repository of control points for different imagery
providers in case they're not calibrated so well.  Shifting individual
tiles according to the nearest GCPs would be good enough I think, even
without deforming individual tiles (which would be better of course).

Cheers