[josm-dev] sac_scale in JOSM - RFC for change of translation

Fichtennadel soskifub at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 07:01:24 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Stefan wrote:

> You want to increase quality by removing information? Are you sure? At best
> you will achieve a decrease in the sac_scale usage.
>
> If any, add more information to josm, not less. If the description is
> misleading, then change the description. Add examples. Add links to the
> wiki.
>
> Relying on the users to actively search information because it is withhold
> from him on purpose? Doesn't sound encouraging to me.

I see your point, but if you look at the template it's not possible to put a
long description in the list of values for sac_scale. And the current
"information" is misleading, so the idea has been "better none than wrong".
There is already a link to the wiki at the bottom of the template window,
which links to "path" and from there to "sac_scale".

If somebody can tell me how, I would also add a link to the sac_scale
directly at the list of values for sac_scale, please advise.

And we are already relying on the users to actively search for the meaning
of tracktype = gradeN, so this seems to work ok and is feasible.

I'm also not totally happy with this solution, but we didn't come to any
better one during the discussion.

br,
 Georg