[josm-dev] Question about audio file mapping/synchronization

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi
Sun Oct 24 15:13:47 BST 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 01:55:58PM +0200, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>For what it is worth, I have always kept my camera clocks at UTC,
>>years before getting a GPS receiver.
>
>you can do this, but it will overcomplicate your life if you're
>interested in times.

I do not understand how. The native file systems in *nix-like operating
systems internally keep the time in UTC anyway. I see the file dates "as
is", because my copying script sets TZ=UTC0 so that the timestamps in
the camera's FAT file system will be interpreted correctly. If I want to
see the file dates in a different time zone, no problem, I just set TZ
differently before ls. This arrangement avoids any adjustments due to
daylight saving time or travelling across time zones.

	Marko