[josm-dev] JOSM Accounts

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Sep 10 19:39:55 BST 2010

Hello,

today I again sent a "please login or your account will be deleted soon
message" (I do this approx. twice a year). This message also catches some
of the developers and even one administrator (Frederik :-). It is sent
mainly to remove the large number of fake and broken accounts created by
spammers (usually more than 50% after I removed the never used accounts).

Althought I try to verify that I don't delete developers or plugin
maintainers it is better when all follow the rule to login at least once,
so they vanish from my "to-delete" list without me needing to have special
care.

I know some are active bug reporters or contributors, but don't login
before sending texts. So please login once now :-)

If you don't know what I'm talking about -> everything is fine for you.

Thanks and Ciao