[josm-dev] re-licensing status display in the user list

Hartmut Holzgraefe hartmut.holzgraefe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:57:43 BST 2011

On 04/24/2011 12:02 AM, Jo wrote:
> It surprises me a bit that only the relicensing status of the
> last editor for a primitive is shown. Is it considered enough that a user
> who agreed to the CTs touched a primitive as the last editor, to have it
> relicensed (cleanly) to ODBL?

no, but:
<educated guess>
OSM XML data downloaded via the API usually only contains
the latest version of an object and so only the user name
of the last editor. Downloading the full history for every
object would substantially increase both the amount of
data to transfer and the OSM server load, so JOSM only
shows the information it has at hand which is the last
editor ...?
</educated guess>