[josm-dev] r4188 - removal of debug code

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Aug 20 23:21:53 BST 2011

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011, Dave Hansen wrote:

> I saw that you removed a bunch of my debugging code in here:
>
>> r4188 | stoecker | 2011-07-01 00:27:15 -0700 (Fri, 01 Jul 2011) | 1 line
>>
>> improve TMS zoom handling
>
> Is there some other way you'd like to see it done?  Or, perhaps some way
> that would be a little bit easier to re-enable it rather than commenting
> it out?

Sadly I know no other method than comments in Java to have debug code-free
release versions. The pre-processor "#define" of C does not exist in Java.

So after debug code has not been used actively for some time (i.e.
related code got mature) commenting out seems the best way I know. I would
prefer a compile-time switch, but till today I do not know any option to
do so except introducing pre-parsers, which has a lot of drawbacks.