[josm-dev] custom hot keys

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:45:04 GMT 2011

2011/2/18 Willi <willis at gmx.de>:
> On 18 Feb 2011 03:21 colliar [colliar4ever at aol.com] wrote:
>> This way another user always has to look at the changesets to get the
>> source. Not very intuitivlly if you ask me !

IMHO it is convenient: if you look at the history of a way you will
have all changesets when it was modified, and the comments are already
displayed directly on the object, e.g.

as you can see, the changeset and comment are the first things to be displayed.

> My full agreement. In addition my changesets in general contain objects
> based on GPS and objects based on Bing or based on both.

If you care you can separate the changesets into stuff that is not
mixed by source, but IMHO mostly you will use a mixtures of sources:
what was already there, different aerial imagery (e.g. in my area
there are different good sources for aerial imagery, and I expect the
number of available sources to be growing much more in the near
future), gpx-tracks,  local knowledge. IMHO it is almost pointless to
indicate _the_ source, and setting it into tags on the object. This is
close to spamming (following mappers are forced to remove it or the
object contains probably wrong information).

cheers,
Martin