[josm-dev] Netbeans // older josm code?

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi
Sat Feb 26 13:13:18 GMT 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:45:04AM -0300, Werner Horsch wrote:
>Question
>I'm updating an old coded plugin and in order to understand some stuff
>I need to look to some old "way.java" file, probably from 2008 How do I
>find it?

You can use "svn log -v" for this. If you know the directory where file
was at that time, you can limit the search by giving an argument, such
as

svn log -v
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm/plugins/x | less

In the log output, using your favourite pager ("less" in the above
example) you can search for the file name or the approximate date. Then
you can do something like this:

svn cat -r12345
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm/plugins/x/way.java

svn update -r12345 plugins/x/way.java (if it exists in your working copy)
svn checkout -r12345 plugins/x/way.java

(Note that the JOSM core is at http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk,
but plugins are in the OpenStreetMap Subversion repository.)

I suggest that you visit http://subversion.apache.org/docs/ or
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/.

Best regards,

	Marko