[josm-dev] [Announce] CommonMap Island v0.5.9 (beta version, helpers needed)

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:52:57 BST 2011

Hi all,

Happy to report that CommonMap Island v0.5.9  (beta) is now available...

The idea is simple.  Show all map features in the same location, so then
everyone knows how to map.

The 2nd tab on this spreadsheet is what im working on now
'mkgmap1979_Garmin_Features_A-Z'

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am70fsptsPF2dHJxMG05Zmg2YS1LeFg2czRZOWZEU3c&hl=en_US

It's basically all of the osm key/value pairs which line up to the standard
garmin Map Feature codes.  I made a quick document that i will enhance to
show the latest mkgmap version  and show the Category/Description, as
gpsmapedit sets them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hieJ1JzIcLOWeAXErdNBN6Xw1ko0zW5YOf8zmxF4ddk/edit?hl=en_US

Off the coast of CommonMap Island is 'Mkgmap Island'
http://api.development.i386.commonmap.org/?lat=-0.02061&lon=0.04799&zoom=15&layers=B0000FTF

& Over on the 1st tab 'OSM Map Features', we can see 'JOSM ver.4064 Presets'
 across the top (column T),   I'll be making a new Sheet showing all of the
osm key/value pairs and how they line up with JOSM presets.

I have a column for potlatch2 presets and another for mapnik presets, and a
few others, merkaartor and taginfo usage...  These will be smaller Islands
surrounding the main 'CommonMap Island'  which holds all of the map features
which are found on all of the surrounding Islands.

If anyone Is interested in helping out, please contact me directly.  I
emailed the nzopengis at googlegroups.com list, as over in Wellington, NZ  I
dropped in some of the linz data
http://api.development.i386.commonmap.org/?lat=-41.286&lon=174.833&zoom=11&layers=B0000FTF

And last but not least, over on the Open Map Features spreadsheet is where
you'll find all (alot, not all) of the external dataset features, which
corrispond to OSM key/value pairs
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am70fsptsPF2dENGRWNOQ3lmeU5UbWlORFZTZFpvRWc&hl=en_US

My aim is to setup an Island for each of the datasets, showing all of the
features & the categories and codes they are found in.

It'll all get done... in time...  and proportional to how much help is
available for it. :)

Cheers,
Sam

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Diaspora: acrosscanadatrails at joindiaspora.com<https://joindiaspora.com/people/44143>
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn