[josm-dev] Building JOSM with added language

Jeff Haack jeff.haack.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 02:23:23 BST 2011

Hi, I'm trying to build a custom JOSM with Indonesian language added, since
it hasn't been added in yet, however I am running into problems.  The end
result is always that I can choose Indonesian in the language settings, but
all of the text remains in English.

What I've done is:

download JOSM from svn
get the indonesian po file from launchpad
run *118n.pl ./ po/** to get the .lang files
copy the lang files into core/data
add this line to the init function:          languages.put("id",
PluralMode.MODE_NOTONE);
and build with ant

The resulting josm.jar file allows me to switch to Indonesian but all the
text remains in English.  I thought this might be a problem with the
plurals, but even if I copy the Spanish po file and use it to create
id.lang, it still comes out as English.  I'm not really sure how to add the
MODE, the header of id.po reads "Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;\n"

Any ideas why everything remains in English?