[josm-dev] JOSM bugs and tickets

colliar colliar4ever at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 13:23:25 BST 2011

Am 19.06.2011 11:30, schrieb Dirk Stöcker:
> Hello,
>
> OpenStreetMap and JOSM get more and more popular which also means that
> JOSM gets more and more bug reports.
>
> Currently we have 484 open bugs and 994 open tickets for JOSM and plugins.
>
> If I take approx. 1 hour per bug, fixing the bugs would mean 3 months
> full-time job to handle all. Adding the necessary communication and
> requests it would probably be twice.
>
> This is not realistic at all (or does someone want to pay for this?).
> Remember, we are still only 2 people doing the major work.

Thanks a lot for your work guys.

> So please all of you related to josm, do something to reduce the number of
> bugs either by
>  * checking bugs and closing duplicates
>  * closing already fixed stuff
>  * requesting necessary information until bugs are reproducible
>  * write patches and attach them to the reports.

Try my best.

Still think it would be nice to add a template to "new ticket" on trac
and advise them to use the link under Help->About which should use a
template and gather system information like the template-report does it
right now.

By the way, If you mark a ticket as duplicate, the reporter +
commentators should be added to the remaining ticket cc:-list.
(Enhancement for trac).

Cheers colliar