[josm-dev] New plugin followline

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Sun May 8 21:55:18 BST 2011

Germán Márquez Mejía wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've made a plugin [0] that draws a line over the path of another. Pretty much
> like the F shortcut in Potlatch2. It's not awfully good, but I myself find it
> really useful.

Do you know this patch? http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/4190

It works quite well in principle, but the problem is user interaction. If you have a better solution, we could integrate it into JOSM core directly. Alternatively you can add your feature to UtilsPlugin2 or create a new plugin. I think contourmerge plugin is also related to this topic.

> I understand I must ask here first for write permissions to the SVN server in
> order to commit it and make it available for other users/developers, so that's
> what I'm doing :)

JOSM team does not manage svn.openstreetmap.org accounts, see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SVN how to get one. (Shouldn't be a problem, thought.)

Regards, Paul