[josm-dev] videomapping plugin - how to?

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Sun Oct 2 20:42:24 BST 2011

Am 02.10.2011 02:31, schrieb Iván Sánchez Ortega:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to put my cheap-o (40€) windshield-mounted camera to good use, with
> JOSM and the videomapping plugin.
>

> However, whenever I launch JOSM with that plugin active, it crashes with a
> message like:
>
> "Unable to load library 'Advapi32.so': libAdvapi32.so: cannot open shared
> object file"
>

> As I understand, this plugin uses the VLCJ libraries for playing the video,
> and they seem to be missing. I visited the project page, and downloaded them,
> but all I get is a .jar file.
>
> The wiki page for the plugin seems to be too scarce on details on how to get
> this library up and running. Being a JOSM user, not a JOSM dev, I feel a bit
> lost.
>

> Any hints?
>

> Best,
Hi there Ivan,

I'm the author of the plugin (user:!i!) and have to say thats
unfirtunatly not released in a stable way :(
Other users have similar problems (that should not occure, of course
because all is included in the .jar).
Sadly I won't be able to restart dev on the plugin before end of Oct :(

ATM I just can recommend to use the normal VideoLan Client on a
seperated laptop and do just a visual link between the map and the
recordings.

But it's nice to read that more and more people seem to use a camcorder.
BTW I bought a very similar cam for in-car mounting ;)

cya
Matthias