[josm-dev] Dynamic buttons in side menus

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Sat Oct 15 15:23:00 BST 2011

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:11:42 +0300, Komяpa wrote:
> I got used to dynamic buttons almost immediately. Just clicked where
> they usually were, and they appeared right under mouse cursor.

The key word being "usually were". New users will feel a big WTF not
seeing any buttons in those panels, and they won't get used to it
(because why should they? there's simple and obvious potlatch). I too
have 13whatever by 768 screen, and 4-5 panels enabled - and there's
enough space. Even if it weren't, as I said, the panels are there not to
watch, but to edit, and in either case one has to scroll the list. But
now it is not as obvious: you see the line, but you can't get to it. You
need a button, but you don't see it. The option undoubtely is useful for
some, but it is not good UI decision, so I propose to turn it off by
default, not remove.

IZ