[josm-dev] Proper use of Relations editor

Bob Hawkins bobhawkins at waitrose.com
Sat Sep 17 12:30:05 BST 2011

Dirk,

I thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand from what you write that it is not necessary for ways in a relation to be connected.  However, in my continuing efforts to better appreciate how to work with relations in JOSM, I wonder if you would confirm that the following actions comprise the correct procedure if a user wishes to place ways in the correct order:
1. Open the complete relation through 'Download object...'
2. Open the Relation Editor
3. Select the first way of the relation in the map of the downloaded object
4. Locate its ID in the relation editor and select it
5. Move it incrementally to the top of the list through 'Move the currently selected members up'
6. Select the second way of the relation in the map of the downloaded object, etc.
This would be a major task for a Long Distance Path, say, whose members were not in the correct order.
I should appreciate any other advice you have on this matter.