[josm-dev] Handling of java bugs with josm

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Apr 14 23:00:13 BST 2012

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, colliar wrote:

> I have some questions about java bug with josm:
>
> 1. Where should I report java bugs (JOSM-Trac, distribution's bug
> system, package's bug system) ?

JOSM trac probably and when considered a Java bug, then in Java bug
tracker with a link to JOSM and from JOSM to this one.

> 2. Do we update tickets solved with resolution "other software" once
> the bug is fixed there ?

Why not. I always hate these dead-ends when I search troubles in Google.
So a short note about current status or final solution does no harm.

> 3. As these bugs still exist, marking them as fixed in Trac may lead to
> duplicates as fixed tickets are not listed in default search. What
> could/needs to be changed ?

True, but that is ok I think. Duplicates itself are not always bad. If
there are too many, then we need to think about workarounds.