[josm-dev] Please do not change long established shortcuts

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 30 15:13:07 BST 2012

My apologies for ranting, but please do not change shortcuts that were in use
for I-know-not-how long. I just downloaded rev 5181 and found that the "d" key
did not work. Someone decided that it should be the delete key.
I can understand the reasoning. But do not decide for the whole community that
it is better to have everyone change the way they work just because you think it
is better. If you think deleting an item should be the delete key and it was
programmed as "d", then your welcome to change it in your favourits.
IMHO it is also a bad change because now I have to get my hand off the mouse to
use the delete key where the d key is nicely positioned on the left side of the
keyboard to use with my left hand.

In principle, it is not a good idea to change long established customs.

Regards,
Maarten