[josm-dev] Please do not change long established shortcuts

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Apr 30 17:46:30 BST 2012

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Maarten Deen wrote:

> To continue my rant: N used to be the method to place one node only. That
> seems to have disappeared too. It looks like I now have to start drawing a
> way with A and then press escape to end drawing the way so I can change its
> properties.

'N' was simply a secondary key for 'A' for a very long time now. It had
exactly same function and thus has been removed. To place a single node
use <SHIFT> + Click or <ESC> and afterwards Click.

To end drawing after the node has been created either Double-Click or
press <ESC> afterwards.

All of this beeing available for a very long time also.