[josm-dev] Shortcuts

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Thu Feb 16 17:51:36 GMT 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Alexei Kasatkin wrote:

> What do you think about including BuildingTools in core and giving it shortcut like D (builDing, to be easily accessible for fingers) ?

<B> like building is good I think. Any probably we can also should add it
to core in future.

> Using direct D for delete is causing many problems with accidental deletion, sometimes user does not notice it....
> The idea is not mine, it was proposed on Rusiian forum.

I moved delete action to <CTRL>+<DEL> fixing this (it is anyway a bit of
deprecated). Now I have two letters back. <N> and <D>. On the other hand I
still have dozens of conflicts and many letters that use more than the
possible 8 modifier combinations.

Suggestions always welcome (http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/ShortcutsList).
Especially suggestion where I can move something into "X" space, which is
underpopulated. :-)

E.g. ​CadastrePlugin uses <ALT>+<C> for "Cadastre" menu and ​CommandLine
plugin for "Commands" and I find no free <ALT> combination with any of the
letters in the two menu names (and at least for english version the
mnemonics should be clearly visible I think).