[josm-dev] Shortcuts

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:50:26 GMT 2012

On 02/16/2012 07:58 PM, Pieren wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Paul Hartmann <phaaurlt at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As plugin developer, you can basically do what you like, also claim a
>> shortcut like "I" for Utilsplugin2/IntersectedWaysAction. But you
>> shouldn't be surprised if we need "I" for JOSM core someday.
>>

> If you read my OP, I'm not asking very much and could satisfy everybody:
> - keep one Function key and two or three main keys for plugins.

Not sure I understand your suggestion correctly. If you can claim 3
shortcuts for each plugin, we pretty soon end up with 100 shortcuts
fixed for eternity in plugin space. This isn't acceptable.

If we reserve a small pool, this won't be enough, so who decides which
plugin is more important?

> - let plugins ask the user if he wants to keep the current shortcuts
> or use the old ones in case of conflicts.

Depends on the implementation, but this could work. It should only ask
when shortcuts are affected that actually have been used at least once.
Still, someone has to code it.

Paul