[josm-dev] Creating custom validation

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:16:10 GMT 2012

On 02/24/2012 12:20 PM, Morten Olsen lysgaard wrote:
> Running a child project using the OSM stack
> I'd like to create custom validation rules for JOSM.
> Can this be written as a plugin?
>
> How is this done currently? Is there some sort of abstraction. So that
> you write a function that tells if an object is valid, and then JOSM
> takes care of mapping this function over all the objects that are to be
> uploaded?
> Enlighten me, thanks in advance =)

This hasn't been done before, so validation plugin support needs to be
added to JOSM core. Any help is appreciated, but you can also implement
your test as if it was a core validation test. Open a ticket on trac and
attach the patch and we will add the necessary hooks.

As low level alternative you can register an upload listener. This is
already possible at the moment - intercept the upload and show a custom
dialog. However, this does not integrate with the normal validation process.

Paul