[josm-dev] Problems with presets/styles on Trac

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Jul 7 19:54:58 BST 2012

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012, colliar wrote:

> First of all he ran into the spam filter because of too many external image
> links. At least the limitation should be mentioned somewhere.

Spam-Filter is a very dynamic process. It very seldom catches a valid user
(probably one of 1000 edits) and is mostly fixed by captcha. Very rare
cases can only be fixed by breaking a large edit into smaller ones.

I neither can describe the exact conditions nor would I do this even if I
would know the exact figures.

JOSM is a very popular page and thus also a very interesting target for
spammers. They don't need additional information how to optimize their
attacks.

> Second. The wiki leads to already existing examples but does not mention the
> key words for syntax-highlighting.

It is a wiki. When something is missing, add it.

> Third, he did not understand how to attach images but once he did they did not
> work as expected.  They still do not work in drop down lists where images from
> external sources are shown but not the internal ones.
>
> @Dirk
> Please, have a look at your edit this morning. Changing the image pathes did
> break the rendering of images in drop down lists.

I have no idea what you talk about. Where is a drop-down list for images?

Anyway I try to find an answer. When the external preset/style was added
linking to the XML, then the update will break it. Simply remove it in
JOSM and readd it now - and it will add the correct link with the ZIP
file including the icons.

JOSM has no "automagical" detection of changes in URL's of external
resources. Probably we should add coloring like we do for Maps, so users
sees when the links do no longer match the standard list entry (But it
usually only happens in the creation phase of a preset/style and thus is
no big issue).