[josm-dev] JOSM Progress

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Jul 13 22:42:26 BST 2012

Hello,

out of curiosity I read some old mails in josm-dev and found that exactly
4 years ago, in June 2008 I appeared in JOSM world with a set of patches
(I usually do so :-) and little knowledge. Frederik soon gave me SVN
access to get rid of the task to checkin all my patches and in February
2009 he even convinced me to completely take over maintainership.

For software 4 years is a long time and when reading the discussions in
this list not everything has been easy but we all have done a great deal
of work. JOSM is much much better than it was in 2008. When going from
release to release and from bug to bug you don't really see how much it
really improved. JOSM is now a mature tool, but still has some dark
corners (e.g. the conflict resolution).

So I want to say a big THANKS to all of you contributing to JOSM. To the
developers and supporters still active as well to those who no longer
participate.

Ciao