[josm-dev] josm, changelogs and release processes

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 01:49:40 BST 2012

in-line :-

2012/3/30 Simon Legner <simon.legner at gmail.com>:
> Hi!

> On 30/03/12 01:59, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> Ok, whom to talk for such an effect to take place. While I know trac
>> is similar to mediawiki in the sense that anyone can make a change as
>> far as the wikifation is concerned, although as its the startup page
>> its possible that it may have restricted/protected/semi-protected
>> access. Any info. on this would be nice to know. If possible then
>> would do the same and link it to the Release processes webpage.
>
> It's a page like any other page and does not require special rights.
> Note that one has to edit StartupPageSource [1]. I'd say it's fine to
> have a note on the version numbers. If not, someone will revert the
> edit. :-)

Cool, just made the change . See
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/StartupPageSource or specifically
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/StartupPageSource?action=diff&version=849&old_version=848
for the changes made by me.

Not so sure about the other languages bit hence just did the x part,
hopefully people will fill it in.

<snipped>

> Plugins are great to provide a very special functionality or develop an
> experimental feature. If plugins turn out to be stable and to be used
> broadly, they might be included in the core (e.g., remote control,
> WMS/TMS imagery, ... have been developed for plugins).
>
> The situation is similar for presets. If a frequent tag is missing in
> the presets, file a ticket and ask for inclusion in the default presets.

aha .... ok, will do so, thanx.

>> one of the big irritants was not having all
>> the presets or what to do if a plugin/preset is not available/made
>> etc.For instance we had a bunch of sports buildings but could not find
>> any icons within JOSM.
>
> As written above, the plugin/preset/style system allows to easily adapt
> JOSM for custom needs.

true, but then are those custom plugins/preset/styles when uploaded to
OSM also get rendered like they render or seen in the local machine or
they get discarded by OSM ? It would be good to have this info. before
trying to upload stuff to OSM using custom presets/plugins/styles etc.

> Cheers,
> Simon
>
> [1] http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/StartupPageSource

Thank you for the link was useful.