[josm-dev] josm, changelogs and release processes

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Fri Mar 30 08:28:25 BST 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:30:47 +0200, Simon Legner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 30/03/12 01:06, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> > Is it possible to get summarized blogs from
> > 2k5 onwards when JOSM started its development [2] ?
>
> Of course it is possible, but it requires someone performing this task.
> I would like to note that one the one hand it is very cumbersome (as one
> has to go through every revision and figure out its relevance), and on
> the other hand the use of changes from 2005 are very limited. My guess
> is that nobody will step in for this task.
>
> For the Debian report, you could comment that the changelog is available
> since 2012 and will (most likely) be continued. I'm not sure whether
> that suffices.

If the changelog was available in the SVN repositories, like most projects do,
I'd surely install it.

But, I don't really want to have headaches trying to parse a wikipage and
generate a nicely formatted text file.

David

(the maintainer who "negated the bugreport")
--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
 `. `'`  GPG: 1392B174 ----|---- http://deb.li/dapal