[josm-dev] Please do not change long established shortcuts

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed May 2 03:01:20 BST 2012

Toby Murray writes:
 > Partially because of this I tend to just use the "w" mode to move
 > nodes that are part of a way.

OH YEAH BABY! 'w' mode is the cat's meow. Kudos to everybody who
worked on that. I do most of my editing in 'w' mode now.

 > But I do get hit by this every once in a while and usually it produces
 > an expletive :)

I'm just wondering how often you move an entire way, as opposed to a
single node? You can get the same effect by selecting the way,
searching for "child selected", and then moving any one of the
nodes. About once a month I need to move an entire way. I don't
understand the use case for this feature. Can somebody (preferably
somebody who uses it every day) explain it to me?

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog