[josm-dev] Please do not change long established shortcuts

Wed May 2 15:13:08 BST 2012

At 2012-05-02 06:51, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>2012/5/2 Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net>:
> > At 2012-05-01 19:01, Russ Nelson wrote:
> > Having said that, because I rarely draw buildings, most of the time I
> end up
> > moving a way in JOSM, it's a mistake. It usually happens when trying to
> > select one of the midpoint 'x' to create a new node and position it, and
> > selecting the whole way instead. Longer ways are protected by a dialog that
> > warns you, but I'd like to see the same for shorter ways.
>

>you could achieve this by lowering the threshold in preferences.

True, once the ability to disable it for just one session existed, for the
occasions when I'm drawing or editing buildings.

>Actually with the lastest version as of now I saw that there seems to
>be no warning dialogue any more (at least I moved lots of geometry and
>there was no warning). Maybe regression?

Would you confirm and ticket that? I usually notice that it's happened from
the visual cue of the way being highlighted, but not always. I'm sure I'm
not alone. I've come across damage from this in the past and it's a pain to
fix after other edits have occurred in the area.