[josm-dev] Exporting .OSM from JOSM without changeset information

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Thu Oct 25 19:33:05 GMT 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012, Jon Britton wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but I think you misunderstand my needs. The
> OSM data we're using is not real data - it's artificial data for
> testing our own OSM loader/renderer. The data has never been
> committed, so we cannot retrieve it from Planet.osm :-)

In OsmExporter you can change second argument of "OsmWriter w =
OsmWriterFactory.createOsmWriter(new PrintWriter(writer), false,
layer.data.getVersion());" to true. This should give you desired results.

If a single patch is not enough, you may write a plugin for this purpose
which an new exporter.

I'm not sure if we want that as standard feature, as it may result in a
very dangerous mix of OSM and non-OSM data. People who use that should
know what they do. Implementing this in JOSM which is used by beginners is
not a good idea.

Ciao