[josm-dev] MapMode - MouseWheelListener and KeyListener?

Russell Edwards russell at edwds.net
Wed Sep 19 14:55:23 BST 2012

Hello,

Apologies for asking a beginner's question.

I am writing a plugin which has its own MapMode. I need to catch mouse
wheel and key press events. How can I do this?

I have tried

... extends MapMode implements MouseWheelListener, KeyListener

... enterMode() {
         Main.map.mapView.addMouseWheelListener(this);
         Main.map.mapView.addKeyListener(this);
}

but the listeners never seem to get called. Moreover the map still zooms
in and out when the wheel is moved.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience,

Russell