[josm-dev] MapCSS: Substitute characters in a text

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 10:09:22 UTC 2013

Recently support for regular expressions was added to the JOSM
implementation of MapCSS.

http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Styles/MapCSSImplementation#Evalexpressions

Maybe you can accomplish what you need with

regexp_match(regexp, string, flags)

It will return a list of matching groups, but I'm not sure how you can get
back from a list to a string.

It would be more convenient if the good soul who added the regex support
would also add a regex replace function.

Polyglot