[josm-dev] Happy new year and a lot of thanks

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Dec 29 14:39:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

another year gone and still JOSM is alive and actively developed.

You may have noticed, that I did very little lately - Thanks a lot to
Vincent Private (Don-vip) for doing all the work.

Also thanks a lot to all the people contributing one way or the other. We
don't make these obvious major changes, but all these small steps have the
same effect. After some time a lot changed.

It makes me especially happy that even without me actively supervising
JOSM, the development goes the way I like: Constant improvements and
always ready to be used. About 60% of our users use the last tested
version and approx. 5% use latest.

JOSM is really stable. We get lots of bug reports, but very few severe
issues. Most time a lot of discussion is involved to find a proper
solution which means that these reports care for finer details instead of
major issues.

Some examples this year showed us that JOSM is no longer an OSM tool. It
got a powerful tool for map display and applications away from OSM. I'm
happy about that (though OSM still is our main focus).

So again thanks to all contributors and a "There is still a lot to do" to
these who do not yet contribute. :-)