[josm-dev] New oauth permission for notes

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 01:12:09 UTC 2013

Who has control of JOSM's oauth consumer key on osm.org?

The new "Notes" feature has introduced a new permission that JOSM needs to
request. I have written code to do this but it also requires a change in
the consumer key that was registered to JOSM on osm.org.

I created a ticket in trac with a patch yesterday before I fully understood
the issue on the osm.org side. But I registered my own consumer key and got
it to work just now so I'm pretty sure what needs to be done now. Either
the existing one needs to be updated to request the new permission or a new
one will need to be generated and pushed out in the next update.

The ticket is:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8875

Toby