[josm-dev] Thank You Note?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jun 15 16:48:24 UTC 2013

Frederik Ramm writes:
 > Sure, even nicer to get encouraging emails from others in the project
 > but how likely is that?

I've done it. Follow #osm-us, look for users in NY (just to limit the
quantity and so there's some hope of my having been in the town where
the edit was), review the edit, and send a thank-you note which makes
it clear that I looked at the edit.  "Nice job with the Lobster House,
thanks!"

It doesn't scale well. But it would be easier if I could say to
osmbot-test on #osm-us "Hey, send me a DM when somebody makes an edit
within these bboxes: ...."

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog