[josm-dev] Tabular edit of name tags

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 19:25:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Hans Schmidt <z0idberg at gmx.de> wrote:

> I don't know how this could be improved. I did some thinking about this
> issue, but I cannot think of anything else apart from a strictly tabular
> way like I did in my mockup.

The tabular way was exactly what I was describing in the tag editor plugin,
just modifying that to include the functionality instead of writing a new
plugin from scratch.

The other possibility is to write some kind of a web page or similar kind
of thing that does this.  There is a page that does translation of names
based on interwiki links in wikipedia that asks you to confirm each
translation is correct and then after you confirm them it gives you a .osc
file to load into josm and upload.  Someone could make a similar kind of
thing for translating street names that way.

-AndrewBuck

-AndrewBuck