[josm-dev] JOSM Server

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Mar 18 18:20:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Ian Dees wrote:

> Would you consider requesting the imagery.xml from a separate server? I've
> slowly been working on a project to store the imagery presets across all
> editors [0] so that someone who wanted to add their imagery layer could do
> it in one spot and have it show up in all editors that use the same source
> files.
>
> For now, that project contains a script that spits out tons of JSON
> documents. The goal is to store those JSON documents in GitHub and write
> scripts that write out files in formats specific to the various editors.
> These files could then be grabbed by the editors themselves.
>
> I'm considering doing the same sort of thing for presets, but obviously
> that would require more coordination.

That is already possible. Additional XML-Sources can be supplied in
advanced prefs. You could provide an preferences loader-file including the
link, which can be installed in josm very simple. I have my own private
XML as well, which I install in all my josm instances.

For the default maps sources externals will not be allowed. That would
disable the security checks.