[josm-dev] New comer in JOSM dev world

Arnaud Vandecasteele arnaud.sig at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:30:40 UTC 2013

Hello JOSM dev list,

It's been a couple of months that I'm playing with the JOSM API.
Vincent helped me a lot during my first steps both in Java and with the API.
Thanks again Vincent.

As I'm using the JOSM API for my work, I think that you could be
interesting by what I did.
So for my job (I'm a GIS Researcher [1]), I've developed a semantic
plugin using the JOSM API.
The aim of this plugin is to link semantic data and OSM data in order to
detect a potential semantic heterogeneity between tags.
This work will be presented in the next ISSDQ Conference [2].
The plugin is not stable enough to be publicly available (but I hope soon)

I'm working as well on an quality indicator to assess the quality of VGI
data using a crowd sourcing approach.
I've almost finished the plugin but I need more time to be sure about
the robustness of my code.
Using this plugin, contributors can rate the area they worked on (like
Amazon articles).
At the end, results will be presented in a map and people could know the
OSM quality for the area they want.

Finally, for my needs I developed a plugin to get back the previous
selection.
For example you select a lot of object and by inadvertent, you lost his
selection.
With this plugin, you just click on the button and the objects are
selected again.
Talking about this plugin, I'm able to add my button in the Edit Menu
but by default this button appears below the "Preferences" button.
Could you tell me how to put it just after the "Unselect" button?
If you think this plugin could be useful I will be happy to add it to
the SVN.

Arnaud

[1] http://www.mun.ca/geog/people/faculty/avandecasteele.php
[2] http://www.lsgi.polyu.edu.hk/ISSDQ2013/index.html

Arnaud Vandecasteele
Postdoctorant researcher MarineGIS Lab
GIS - WebMapping - Spatial Ontology - GeoCollaboration - VGI

Web Site
http://www.marinegis.com/?page_id=131