[josm-dev] License for tracer2

Dirk Brünig dirk at bruenig.de
Mon Oct 28 13:19:26 UTC 2013

Hello

a wile ago I start to enhance the plugin tracer. And now it is time to
make it available for all josm user. Since the new tracer2 use some code
from tracer (plugin and server). I won't to know witch license I have to
use.

The tracer plugin is under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2 can I
put the new tracer2 under Version 3 ?

The server I check out from
http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/osm-tracer
There is also an License file. But it is in written in Czech.
Program lze bez omezení použít pro pøípravu dat do projektu
OpenStreetMap. Program lze bez omezení šíøit a mìnit s tím, že bude
zachována a pøiložena tato licence. Program ale nelze použít pro
pøípravu dat, které by byly komerènì využity, aniž by pøed tímto
využitím byly uploadovány do projektu OpenStreetMap pod licencí,
kterou OSM vyžaduje.
Can I use code from the server and put it under a GNU GENERAL PUBLIC
LICENSE.

I don't have a email address from Jan Bilak or Petr Dlouhý. So I can't
ask them.